Wednesday, April 8, 2009

5 Months Old


Nicholas is five months old today and almost home! They want us to do our rooming in Mon., Tues., or Wed., and he will be home the day after. He had an echo today and he has a small opening in between 2 parts his heart, but I can't remember what it is called. It doesn't cause any problems and should close up. He will get another echo in 3 months. I got to try to breastfeed today. He didn't really do anything but I will try again. They will let me try once a day. He will get another vaccine tonight. He also has a hearing test coming up and he has to pass the car seat test. We have to bring the car seat in and he has to sit in it for an hour and not drop his sats. He is almost done!

1 comment:

  1. I am just so HAPPY for you guys!!! DJ and I are doing a little happy dance for Nicholas. How exciting you got to try and breastfed. I was able to pump for 6 weeks, but dried up...it was painful. We tried again when DJ came home, but I had nothing to offer. When we did the car seat test I had to leave. You can't touch them or anything and have to let them sit for an hour and half...DJ did fell asleep. The nurses made me go get something to eat. He passed. I think Nicholas will do fine, you have him sitting up and how did he do in his bouncing chair. The classes for the monitor and oxygen and CPR were easy. The hardest part for me was the sleep over....It is like your almost there, you can taste the finish line, but yet it goes by so slowly. I just wanted it to be morning and by that time I was ready to go of course it took the doctors, nurses hours to process us. They even lost DJ's chart during shift change...lol. But finally that moment of walking out the door with you little one. I had seen so many mothers leave with their little ones and finally it was us walking thru those halls and thru the door with our little one. It is the best walk in the world. Lots of Love!!!

    ReplyDelete