Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Forget WIC


I had our WIC appointment today to get formula vouchers. It is wonderful that Nicholas qualifies for this program because he is a preemie but I am not going back to the health department. I had an appointment at 8:30 and it was 10 before they called my number. That was just the first station to do paperwork. Then you have to wait again to go to the lab to get blood drawn but I had a letter from the doctor saying Nicholas can't be there. Then more waiting and you see a nutritionist. That is as far as I got because we need a prescription from the doctor because they consider Neosure a special formula. There is more waiting after you see the nutritionist too. I would have had to go to the Dr. to get a prescription then go back to the health department and wait all over. We also would have to go there once a month for counseling and parenting classes just to get the vouchers. You have to wait in a room full of people and screaming kids- it is worse than the DMV. We don't have time for this and I'm not taking off work to save a few bucks. So much for free formula. I would rather buy it then have to go there again. If we couldn't afford it we would take advantage but it is more hassle than we need to deal with.

Other than that, Nicholas has found his thumb. He is starting to suck on just that but when he does his little fingers slip under his cannula so that comes out of his nose. We have his hearing test tomorrow and I hope they give us an answer about his hearing this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment