Saturday, February 13, 2010

New Shunt

Nicholas had his new shunt placed on the left side yesterday. His second shunt on the right and the external shunt were both removed. He is doing well so far. He had a CT this morning but we are still waiting on neurosurgery to do rounds today to let us know if the scan looked good. He will probably move out of the PICU today too.

Bad news, his cochlear implant has to be postponed. His surgeon at MUSC said that he can put the implant on the right side rather than the left but he wants to wait 1-2 months after the shunt removal. They said it will be June but I do not have a date yet.

We also got about 6 inches of snow yesterday! Poor Nicholas had to spend his first big snow day in the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment